Guiding doctors and medical practices through business and compliance issues
Charapp and Weiss advises doctors and medical practices on business and non-malpractice litigation issues, including the negotiation and drafting of transaction documents and counseling clients with regard to the legal aspects of day-to-day operations, including:
- General corporate matters;
- Anti-kickback and Stark issues;
- Corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting prohibitions (Stark);
- Certificate of need and licensure requirements.
- Shareholder disputes and business disputes;
- Practice and hospital contract issues;
- Civil litigation regarding contract matters and practice disputes.